Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms (1980)


I'll never forget the first time I heard The Feelies' Crazy Rhythms. I was probably 19 or 20, it was winter, and I had just been given 10 or 12 burnt CD's from a good friend. I put this on not knowing what to expect and I must say I was very taken aback. I sort of lied in bed drifting in and out of sleep just grooving on the droned out jams. To this day I will often stop what I'm doing and just lay there when this album comes on. Very powerful new wave punk rock with a heavy early 80's kiwi vibe, combined with the sloppy guitar strums of The Velvet Underground. This is way up there on my all-time favourites list! If you haven't heard it then do yourself the favour and dig on to the sweet vibrations!
"You remind me of a TV show, that's alright I watch it anyway."

- LINK REMOVED -

1 comment:

Emm said...

Couldn't get into this album. But you've turned me on to some cool stuff so here's something in return.

Olivia Tremor Control "Dusk at Cubist Castle" - psychedelic pop that turns into free jazz, field recordings, ambient jams drenched in acid etc;
http://www.mediafire.com/?ujwzlkizdyl

Circulatory System "S/T" - basically olivia tremor control minus one guy. More droney with cello, horns and clarinet.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dqtnxiywtiv